Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mum's the Word

I rarely go to Home Depot for plants, but I ventured over there today.  (It's the only nursery that I can actually take the two little ones since they have shopping carts, rather than the flatbed wagons.  I would love to try balancing my twins on one of those.)  But I digress.  I couldn't believe they were selling mums for fifty cents apiece.  Wow!  (I went to Whole Foods later in the day and saw the same plants going for five dollars.  OK-- maybe no shock there-- but still.)


I'm not even a huge fan of mums, but I stocked up.  For a mere $3.50 I now have plants to brighten my yard during the awkward autumn months.  But way more importantly, I got cheap entertainment for the three kids.  My little girl spent a good 45 minutes moving the plants from one place to another, before settling on the stroller.

Then, when my son came home from preschool, we spent an hour planting them (not always where I envisioned, but I got to love his enthusiasm).  Best three bucks I've spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment