Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Sandbox-- Simple, yet Delightful

When we moved to our new house we went back and forth on whether to install another sandbox. A sandbox offers a nice diversion for the kids, but what a mess! At our old house I would find sand everywhere-- even rooms I thought my son didn't go in. I know our sofa permanently holds a good-sized beach in its crevices.


But we eventually relented and put the sandbox together. I'm so glad we did. The pleasure the little ones get from the sandbox is infectious, plus it gives me a few spare moments to just relax in the yard.

Our sand box is just a 4x4 box made of composite wood with a necessary cover to keep the neighborhood cats out. I'd like to eventually incorporate it more into the landscape with plantings and maybe a couple of large rocks, so it doesn't look like it's just plopped there.

Even though we now live near a beach, it's still nice to wiggle your toes in soothing sand in your own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment