Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Bountiful Harvest (Well, not Really)

I had no idea how easy it is to grow tomatoes.  I mean seriously, they demand so little attention, yet one small plant yields enough for our family.  Granted, we're not making salsa daily.  But we're using them in salads and sandwiches, and I must say the taste of a home-grown tomato is heavenly. 



Our oldest son, who is beyond picky when it comes to vegetables (going so far as to claim that he's allergic to anything green), will even tentatively eat these home-grown veggies. 

I've always been intimidated with growing edibles.  They seemed so fussy, but this single tomato plant has changed my tune.  This fall I plan on planting even more vegetables with the help of my kids.  The only problem I can see with these carefree edibles is that grabby little hands can do this:





No comments:

Post a Comment