Saturday, August 14, 2010

Did I Butcher It?


This orange tree dominates the small area we want to make into a children's vegetable garden.  The garden designer suggested relocating it.  Our only option, on that front, is to build a large container for it on our patio.  That sounds like an inordinate amount of work for a tree we're not sure we even want.  (Plus, the tree might not survive the shock of being transplanted.) So instead, I thought I'd try my hand at shaping it.  I tried to clean it up and open it up more.  I'm obviously not a bonsai master, and I had to deal with countless interruptions from the kids, so I got a little snip-happy at times, but I think we can get by leaving the tree in place for now. 

(The little limb sticking out at the bottom will be removed.  It was too big for the bypass shears and I have yet to locate the tree saw in our disaster of a garage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment