Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Garage Chalkboard

Our garage door is hideous and detracts from the rest of the backyard. Replacing the door is on our ever-burgeoning to-do list. I was looking for a cheap, easy fix that would also be fun for the kids.

With enthusiastic help from my eldest, we transformed our ratty garage door into a giant chalkboard. It only cost ten bucks and took about half an hour to paint (on two days). I couldn't find any paint specifically for the outdoors, so we'll see how long this lasts.

Tada!


I never would have dared using gloppy chalkboard paint on something I might have to paint over. That just seems like such a daunting undertaking. The beauty of painting this door was that it couldn't possibly look any worse. Now the best part of the door is the chalkboard. I think I'll have to expand it to cover even more of the door. The more that's covered, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment