Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finally, Summer!


So, after two months of not seeing the sun in the AM, the past two mornings we've awoken to beautiful sunlight streaming through the windows.  It's the end of August, but summer has arrived.  Yay!

I can finally bust out with the summer toys that have been stored away gathering cobwebs.  The twins had a blast with the water table.  Alas, they weren't content to just splash their hands in the water, but both ended up climbing into it, which looked pretty precarious.  This was my signal to rush out and buy an actual wading pool.  I even got a good deal, since a change in season is quickly approaching. 

Needless to say, I've already heard people grumbling about the heat and lamenting the disappearance of the fog.  It'll be back soon enough, which is reassuring.  But for now, I'm going to dig out my shorts and enjoy the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment