Friday, August 13, 2010

The Fire Garden

So, here are some pictures from the little garden my four year old helped plant:


I've never gone with a garden "theme" before.  But this time I decided to use mostly warm-colored plants, focusing on red, orange and yellow.  These fiery colors usually aren't my choice. I tend to opt for the cooler blues and purples, but I think kids dig vibrant colors.  As a child, I remember marigolds being my absolute favorites.

At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the bright combination of these flowers (clockwise from left, goblin plant, yarrow, red plume gaillardia, and gazania), but as they've filled in a bit I'm starting to like it.  It's gone from an area overgrown with agapanthus (which I do like in moderation) to a cheery little spot, replete with a child's bench.  Of course, as always, there's much more to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment