Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mother's Little Helpers

I recently planted this little area with the help of my four year-old. His new found enthusiasm for gardening is so fun. It seems like just yesterday he was lopping off all of my flower heads. (A job subsequently taken over by his little sister and brother, who did it with even more glee.)


Now everyone wants to help in the garden. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, or have a certain way I'd like something completed, this "help" can be a little frustrating. But I have to let some things go. I may have an idea of exactly where I want that yarrow plant to go, but more than likely that won't happen. Sometimes I just need to take a deep breath and appreciate spending this time with my children. Hopefully they'll inherit a love of gardening from me, as I did from my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment